Stop Eating Your Heart Out
Stop Eating Your Heart Out speaks to anyone’s challenges with food, weight, and emotional eating, and then offers a multitude of effective self-help tools. As I disclose my very personal struggle with food and out-of-control eating, I am telling the story of millions of others who use food to self-soothe. The book’s focus, however, is on recovery. I am a licensed professional clinical counselor, and I discuss methods that have worked for me and my clients over the past twenty years. Tools for recovery include Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), Inner Child work, 12 Step recovery, journaling, creative visualization, meditation, gratitude, conscious living, and so much more. Compulsive overeating is conquerable. If you, or anyone you love, want freedom from emotional eating, this book is for you.
Who should read this book?
- Individuals concerned about being overweight
- People who want to change their relationship with food
- Those diagnosed with binge eating disorder
- Health care and mental health care professionals working with all of the above
- Families, friends, colleagues, and employers of the above
- Anyone who wants tools to change a habit or behavior —you can easily adapt the 21 days’ worth of tools to whatever habit or behavior you’d like to change